Happy Labor Day! What are you up to? This picture pretty much sums up my day only I will have a glass of champagne in my hand! If you are going to be outdoors checkout these simple tips from skincare guru Jan Marini to save yourself from getting fried!
Protect Your Hair
· Sun exposure breaks down the disulfide bonds in hair, causing color fading (think of that $200 color service), brittleness and breakage. Plus, remember your scalp is an extension of the same skin that is on your face. Cumulative sun exposure from throughout the year damages and ages the scalp, and as a result, compromises and decreases the factors that promote luxurious, full, healthy hair.
· Many hair conditioners today, such as leave-on sprays, contain a sun protectant. And be sure to always wear a hat!
Protect Your Lips
· One of the most important things we can do to keep our lips soft, hydrated and supple, as well as prevent skin cancer, is to generously massage sun protectant into the lip area.
· Your lips are one of the most vulnerable and most exposed areas, and often, the most forgotten.
Your Skin Continues to Age in the Summer Months
· There is a widely spread misconception that it is wise to stop using glycolics, retinols, etc., in the summer time. These powerful, gold standard tools can prevent a significant amount of damage, repairing damage that hasn’t yet surfaced, reverse much of the superficial signs of aging and enable your skin to more effectively respond to UV radiation.
· Taking a break, especially during a period of more intense sun exposure, only compounds the aging process and further compromises your skin’s ability to repair and rejuvenate. Remember, your skin ages every day and you need to consistently apply medically and clinically validated topicals that can truly assist in keeping your skin looking healthy, vibrant, refined, hydrated and luminous.
Travel In Style
Here are some of my favorite travel products!
When traveling, I have recently found some things that I absolutely can’t live without. I have always been a fan of the brand Pacifica. They have the most amazing scents and make things like candles, perfumes, makeup and now lotion wipes. I love using these before bed. They offer a touch of moisture and a light fragrance which adds to the luxury of being away. Bioré Pore Strips are always a must when traveling because planes, trains and automobiles always make me feel grungy. I feel like these strips are a quick and easy way to strip dirt away! The Finest Chocolate Cleanser from Karin Herzog (save $25 on $125 today with code LABORDAY) is so decadent that I could eat it! Talk about feeling special. I reserve this for vacation and the weekends or when I have had a really hard day. It smells like you are covering your face in chocolate. Literally. I always like to keep a Completely Bare All in one Travel Wax Kit in my travel bag incase I forget to get an eyebrow waxing before I go. It is quick and easy for any part of the face. Desert Essence Coconut products (right now everything is 25% off) are always nice to have on a trip especially if you are going somewhere tropical. They smell so wonderful and then you don’t have to rely on what is provided at the hotel which can sometimes be hit or miss! I also just discovered and love my VioLife Slim Sonic Electric Toothbrush (not pictured). It is small but powerful and I can keep it in my purse so my teeth are always fresh and clean no matter where I am at! And, they come in a bunch of fun colors/patterns! Last but not least, a good book! What travel essentials are on your list?
Have a super fun Labor Day! XO