‘Tis the season to chaos, crazy, fun and indulgence. I feel like Happy Weekend is appropriate to say at this point even though it is technically still Friday on the West Coast. This week has been a whirlwind of holiday hair which has left time for not much else. This weekend I am looking forward to holiday parties, possibly car shopping (I’ve got my eye on the Mini Cooper Convertible), last minute shopping and gift wrapping! What are you up to? Here are a few of the things that made my week awesome…
* Hey California, get ready, black truffles are currently being cultivated in CA and could be on a dinner plate near you in the next few years! They have already fooled Michelin Star Chefs in a blind taste test and their freshness will be magical.
* Have you ever been to The Slanted Door in San Francisco? I had the pleasure of eating there once a few years ago and the flavors are something I will never forget. Now you can learn the history of the Chef/Owner Charles Phan who came to SF from Vietnam and steal some of his recipes with his book The Slanted Door: Modern Vietnamese Food.
* My best friend Sharon is now living in Nashville and sent me a box of locally made goodies for Christmas which included the best Chai Tea I have ever had! I had to order more…in bulk!
* Wishing I was in NYC to see all of the holiday window displays. Since I can’t be there Kristi’s recap will have to do!
* My new favorite fragrance is called Moroccan Dream and it’s only $5!
* Theres a new (to me) natural brand on the market called Eco Me and I tried the Lemon Fresh dish soap that not only smelled good but worked. I like to know that the home products I am using are safe for me and the earth.
* I am obsessed with body exfoliating and just sampled the Jan Marini Holiday Exfoliator and seriously wanted to slather it on a holiday ham and eat it. The scent is cranberry orange and it is the most decadent, mousse like body scrub I have ever used.
Enjoy your weekend! Relax, have fun, drink and be merry, be safe, and tell those who you care about the most how much you love them! XO