Wow, Friday is upon us once again. Last week I was out frolicking in the desert and now a week has already flown by! This weekend is looking pretty mellow for me and I couldn’t be more excited. I have a stack of books and magazines that I would love to dive into. What are you up to? If you need some inspiration checkout my Friday Faves! XO
* April 20th-Sept. 6th at The Fowler Museum in LA: “Making Strange: Gagawaka + Postmortem” is an exhibition juxtaposing two distinct but related bodies of sculptural and assemblage work by contemporary Indian artist Vivan Sundaram — both addressing issues of fashion, culture and mortality through the inventive use of nontraditional materials. It looks crazy and weird and right up my alley!
* Ever wonder what Oil Pulling is? I was curious too and tried it recently. I am not sure how much of a detox it is but my mouth has never felt cleaner and fresher. If you are really bored you can watch me do it to dance music here.
* Opening this Saturday: Incorporating vibes of a Hawaiian poke stand, with bright & modern finishes, Mainland Poke Shop is perfectly at home along the fashionable West 3rd Street neighborhood. The clean design from Montalba Architects creates a chic Maui meets LA hybrid. It looks delicious!
* If you are in NY in the next month join Royalton in the Forty Four Lounge for the launch of Concrete Jungle, an Instagram Photo Exhibition series showcasing some of Instagram’s best photographers.
* An interesting, artsy and mildly disturbing video from Hi Fashion, just incase you need that sort of thing today.
* One of my besties, Keri, has been battling different types of cancer for the last 10 years. She is one of the strongest and bravest women I know. She can use all of the positive vibes,love and support she can get. You can see her story and donate here.
* Always been curious about The Magic Castle? This Saturday the 18th they are hosting a swap meet from 9-3 thats open to the public for just $8. It’s worth checking out!
* I recently tested out a mascara by DakotaVox with a mirror on the tube and an LED light for just $13! Its great to keep in your purse and clicking the light on the end is quite addicting. Aside from all the gadgets the mascara is rich and creamy giving the faux lash look. It’s a 3-in-1.
* Pop a Cork and Grab a Fork for the Hall Winery Cab Cook Off on Saturday April 25th! Wade and I went last year and had a blast!
* Heading out to Coachella Weekend 2? Don’t miss these great deals at The Desert Hills Premium Outlets!