Todays Friday Faves are all about doing! With the recent tragedies in the news it is a big reminder to me to live each day to its fullest, be kind, and tell those you care about that you love them. October is here and although it doesn’t feel like fall in LA I am just embracing the “season” and celebrating! I got my cinnamon broom, something I love to put outside my front door to fragrance my hallway every year, (I hope the neighbors love it as much as I do) and I have had a pumpkin latte or 2. What is your favorite thing about Fall? Here are a bunch of fun things coming up this month. Have a super fun weekend! XO
* I am so excited about Rise of The Jack O’Lanterns! I have never been before but it sounds amazing! 5,000 carved pumpkins!!! They are having it at 2 locations in LA, 1 in San Diego and 1 in NY! I already got tix for October 18th!
* Oktoberfest is officially underway with 2 locations in the LA area. Pomona and Torrance. I have only been to the one in Torrance and I think it’s pretty legit. It’s totally campy and fun, full of all things German!
* Celebrate all things autumn and get a jump on your holiday shopping at the Artisanal LA Fall Show Oct 10-11 at The Reef in downtown LA. Purchase tix here!
* Monday Oct. 5th at 7:30pm The Hammer Museum hosts a conversation with Steve Martin and The New Yorker staff writer Adam Gopnik in conjunction with its latest exhibit, “The Idea of North: The Paintings of Lawren Harris” (Oct. 11-Jan. 24). This is free but tix are required.
* Wednesday Oct. 7th at 6:30pm in Pasadena at Vroman’s Chelsea Clinton presents and signs It’s Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired & Get Going!, and it’s packed with facts, anecdotes and schematics that chart out the world’s problems — along with strategies that any average person can use to think globally, act locally and enjoy thoroughly.