This beautiful little paperback, Start Where You Are, is a magical, meaningful journal for self-exploration. It is full of colorful hand-lettered watercolor illustrations by Meera Lee Patel that will spark reflection and inspiration. I can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t get something out of this.
The first exercise says, “You must always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder” and it asks that you list 5 things that always and immediately bring a smile to your face. I didn’t write on the page right away. A ton of things came to mind but I have been thinking about the question for the last few days and really pondering what makes my heart sing. Here are some things that immediately put a smile on my face:
Champagne*a smile from a stranger*rainbows*my husband/family*new shoes*waking up in our tent*baby animals*surprises in my mailbox*standing ovations*compliments*thank you notes*clean sheets*waking up and realizing it’s Sunday*elderly couples holding hands*truffles*pizza*a massage from my husband*seeing a friend*hearing a favorite song in public*great style
How about you? Leave a comment with 1 thing that immediately puts a smile on your face and pick up a copy of Start Where You Are!
7 YEARS + 7 CONTINENTS + 1 JOURNALIST = SURPRISING PERSPECTIVES ON THE “GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!”
When going to photograph this book I thought I should “cute it up” with some quintessential things that represent America. Well, I didn’t have an apple pie but I did have a watermelon and beer! Perfect! I was about to say,”who doesn’t like watermelon and beer” but I quickly thought of one person who does’t like watermelon…Liz. Anyway, this book is fantastic. I have always been intrigued with other countries and cultures and this book really lays it all out there. Good and bad opinions, impressions, statistics, ideas. Wow, I thought I had a pretty good sense of how America was perceived but after reading this I see I had no idea. I learned so much and it was really eye opening. It has further fueled my passion to travel within my own country as well as abroad! I would highly recommend this as an end of the summer read. It is quick, just 225 pages and will open your mind to different cultures and ideas! Happy reading!
You can find attractive unattractive americans on Amazon.
Last Thursday I was invited to have breakfast with psychic Tori Hartman in her beautiful backyard in LA. It was unusually chilly and grey which was perfect for this red and black houndstooth poncho I got on sale at the end of “winter” last year. There were several other interesting women there including Tori’s lovely assistant Esi. We all had a fabulous time getting to know each other and learning about Tori (she is a former fashion model and worked closely with Liz Claiborne) her new book and Chakara cards and the story behind it all. Tori is so warm, funny and full of life and love. This book Chakra Wisdom Oracle Toolkit will take you on a journey of self discovery while exploring fables revealed to Tori by angels. It is also the perfect companion to her Chakra Wisdom Oracle Cards. Tori’s motto is “Enlightenment Made Simple” which is why this is the perfect place to start for anyone looking for support in doing spiritual work on their own.
Tori Hartman will be at Barnes and Noble at The Grove in LA this Thursday night June 11th at 7pm!
Today I am playing hooky with my friend Farron! We are heading north to spend the day horseback riding, wine tasting and eating our way through the quaint little town of Los Alamos. I am so excited! What are your weekend plans? Here are some of my favorite things this week…
* Yesterday I spent a magical morning with some very interesting women in the backyard of “fashionista turned psychic” Tori Hartman learning all about her new book and Chakara cards. (more to come about that next week). You can hang out with her next Thursday the 11th at 7pm at Barnes and Noble at The Grove in LA!
* Nutrimatix uses data and science to formulate the perfect daily vitamin blend for you. I recently tried it and have never felt better. The app is easy to use and the vitamin packs came quickly. I am a sucker for great packaging and they didn’t disappoint. If you are confused about what vitamins your body needs this is the perfect place to start!
* If you haven’t already, be sure to enter my Helen Ficalora seashell necklace giveaway! I’m choosing a winner on Monday!
* You know Tabatha Coffey, the Gordon Ramsey of the hair world, loved by some feared by many? Well, she just started a fantastic beauty website called Industrie that is full of awesome hair and makeup tutorials for women AND MEN!
* I have always been a fan a the DBelt but now the DBelt Pro is even better with a slimmer fit, Xtra-Dry fabric and it can fit and iPhone 6 Plus!
* Going to be in Israel next week? The Tel Aviv Pride Parade will take place on June 12th this year and the events will be held in support of gender equality with an emphasis on the transgender community.
Have an awesome weekend! XO