Happy Weekend! Friday is here and I have cleared my calendar to spend the day celebrating (one of my besties) Keri’s 40th birthday! She has a lot to celebrate and is one of the strongest women I know. She is currently battling her 3rd round with cancer and is determined to kick its ass. You can see her story here. Happy Birthday Keri! I love you! What is everyone else up to? I’m sure I will tune into the Super Bowl at some point on Sunday. I always look forward to betting, sipping Champagne, hot dogs, the halftime show, and the commercials. This year I’m bummed that Katy Perry is the performer. She bores me. Who knows though, maybe this will be her day? I will keep an open mind. Whatever you do be grateful, be inspired and feel the love! Here are some of my favorite things this week…
* My new favorite hand cream is from The Soap & Paper Factory. It smells like Jasmine and is in the prettiest little tube that looks great on my nightstand. I love to use it on my hands at night before bed!
* I just got this book How to Travel the World on $50 a Day and it has totally inspired me! Matt Kepnes has some fantastic tips for traveling cheaper, smarter and longer!
* I love a good exfoliator and now I am hooked on the Peter Lamas Exfoliating Pumpkin Facial Scrub. It smells good enough to eat and is safe for use on all skin types. Although the granules may seem large they are smooth, natural and work very gently to polish away dead skin cells. I have even used it on my body! At night I like to follow it up with the Peter Lamas Nourishing Buriti Oil Moisturizer for amazingly soft, hydrated skin in the morning. These products are made with high quality ingredients and won’t break the bank!
* Here are 15 seniors with outrageous style that you should be following on Instagram right now!
* Eat, drink and be merry while supporting Planned Parenthood LA at Food Fare 2015! From its prestigious beginnings as a cooking demonstration with Julia Child in 1979, Food Fare has become one of the oldest and most recognized food events in Los Angeles. Food Fare will celebrate its 36th anniversary on Thursday, March 5, 2015 at Barker Hangar in Santa Monica and will once again feature well over 100 of LA’s best restaurants, caterers, wineries, breweries, libations and vendors!
*Yes, I admit I am a bit of a product junkie but this Basil Lemon Body Butter from Korres rocks my world. The scent is so light and fresh that you can still use a fragrance over it and it is super smoothing and hydrating. The perfect winter pick me up. Treat yo self!
* I have always wanted to see The Northern Lights and this tour in March looks amazing!
* I am a sucker for a silly play on words and thats why I love these rock themed desserts from Monterey Meringues. With names like Oreo Speedwagon, Miley Citrus, Nuts N Roses, ZZ Toppers and many more. They are as wild looking as their names! You’ve gotta see them!
* This new website BeautyTV has so many great tips and video tutorials all in one place! They have a lot of great tutorials for nails. I recently found KBShimmer polish. It is another high quality brand that won’t break the bank and they have a ton of fun colors, glitters and shimmers!
* I just tried Blue Apron for the first time and LOVE it! You get all the ingredients to make 3 meals for 2 people for just $60 delivered to your door. The recipes are really good, things I would never think of making, and delicious. And, there is no waste. They give you the exact amount of everything you need and all of their packaging is recyclable. I also love free cooking apps like Make A Meal that let you type in what you have in your kitchen and then it gives you recipes based on what you already have. It would be perfect if you are snowed in but still have internet!
* Get a free card from Watertree Health to help cover the cost of prescription meds and help the Make-A-Wish foundation.