It’s Friday! Yay! I just love all of the fashion illustrations by Megan Hess. They just feel fabulous! I am super excited for the weekend as I have quite a few things going on. I am checking out the new Beauty Collection store in Manhattan Beach which is hosting their grand opening celebration tomorrow, going to explore the new Broad Museum and visiting The Long Beach Museum of Art to see the current show before its gone! What fun things are on your agenda? This week I have so many Friday Faves to share that I had to break it down into categories! Enjoy!
* Shopping CMC Sample Sales Friday Sept. 25th and Oct. 30th. The CMC Saturday Sale Oct. 17th.
* Checkout The Citadel Outlet’s 10th Annual Shopping Extravaganza on Saturday, October 3, 2015! It’s going to be huge! Shopping, lunch, wine tasting and it benefits the charity of your choice! It’s a win win!
*It may not feel like fall in Los Angeles yet but the Artisanal LA Fall Show will get you ready to break out the pumpkin spice on Saturday and Sunday, October 10th and 11th at downtown’s The Reef. Get your tix now!
* I love this curated collection of clothes and accessories by Man Repeller X Bloglovin’ titled Dali on the Spanish Riviera!
* Checkout my friend Farron’s weavings as well as other vendors at the Pop Up Shop at Sherman Gallery this Saturday from 12-5!
* Do you love unique, high end, jewelry? (I am thinking of you Laura Arthur) Checkout Gemz.com even if it’s just to look! I saw some very unusual pieces.
* Beauty The new Mani Match App lets you try on a rainbow of over 200 Sally Hansen nail polish shades in real time, on your nails, before you buy. A simple scan of the your hand from any smartphone enables the user to instantly consider and curate your own color choices. There’s no uploading, picture-taking or manual data entry, as the app works in real time. It also generates personalized-for-your-skin-tone color suggestions on demand!
* Love Carmex as much as I do? Checkout their “Straight From Your Lips” campaign to leave product reviews and win prizes!
*Starting September 21st, the global beauty brand Revlon is kicking off the next phase of the LOVE IS ON philanthropic initiative with the LOVE IS ON Million Dollar Challenge . Checkout this message from their Global Brand Ambassador, Olivia Wilde to find out how you can participate!
* Mark your calendar now to tune into HSN on October 29th where Christie Brinkley will be back to share the details behind her skincare collection – Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare! I absolutely love everything I have tried from this line!
* Give your lips a burst of hydrating color with LIP LURE HYDRATING LIP LACQUER from PÜR MINERALS. It’s not non-transferrable like I usually wear but it is rich and creamy which I love! It comes in 5 awesome shades too.
* Now through 9/27 checkout Belli Skincare’s amazing fall event, the annual Belli Birthday Bash! This includes 30% off storewide, buy one get one free options and surprise daily discounts up to 50%.
* Lately I have been using Topganic Shampoo and Conditioner with With Baobab Oil From Africa For Inflated & Split Ends (which describes my hair perfectly) and I love how it maintains the moisture balance in my hair. It lathers nicely and has a light, fresh fragrance!
* Travel I love the idea of going to Mexico to celebrate Día de los Muertos at 5 star resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya! This package looks awesome and starts from $5,600 based on two people sharing and includes: Seven nights’ accommodation in a Zen grand suite all inclusive, 1 Cooking Class led by executive chef of Frida restaurant (Mexican cuisine), 1 Tequila Tasting, 1 Private dinner at room terrace, 50$ Spa Credit, Park entrance to Xcaret on November 2nd for The Festival of Life and Death Traditions Xcaret, and roundtrip transportation Airport-Hotel-Airport.
* The Little River Inn, a family-owned and operated resort located on the Mendocino Coast, is hosting a number of culinary-inspired events and promotions to celebrate this magical time of year. The Annual BEER, WINE & Mushroom Festival looks amazing! In honor of Mendocino’s favorite funghi, the Little River Inn will be offering “MUSHROOM MANIA,” a lodging special for overnight stays booked Sunday – Thursday, November 1 -12, 2015.
* Need a great travel agent to take the stress out of planning? My brother Derek is fantastic and can get you the best deals on all your travel needs like airfare, accommodations, cruises and more!
* Food/Bev To launch a five-year partnership with Water for People, one of the leading water organizations in the world, Absolut Elyx has partnered with a cadre of A-List celebrities to create a short film with purpose. Directed by SNL alum and Portlandia creator Fred Armisen and produced by Orange is the New Black star Natasha Lyonne, the video features actors: Miles Teller, Chloe Sevigny, Tracee Ellis Ross, Taylor Kitsch, comedian George Wallace and musician Aimee Mann among others to highlight the importance of the campaign. Check it out here!
* Fun My momis a huge Pink Floyd fan and insisted I not leave out the upcoming event this Tuesday at movie theaters across the country. See the recent Wall tour on the big screen for one night only at 8pm! Find a theater near you here!