Last week I had the pleasure of viewing the new ABC Family comedy Kevin From Work. It is edgy and hilarious and premiers tonight at 8/7c. I love the nod to John Cusak’s character in Say Anything in this banner!
My friend Stephanie was the perfect date because she LOVES TV and knows everything about the actors and director McG! (Don’t mind my wrinkled dress, I had just been sitting in a theater for an hour!)
The cast: Jordan Hinson, Paige Spara, Noah Reid, Punam Patel (who is from Vero Beach, Fl right next to my hometown Ft. Pierce!) and Matt Murray.
Afterwards there was a great Q&A with the cast. I recorded the audio on my phone but haven’t been able to access it. You will just have to watch the show tonight!
Doma Kitchen recently hosted a party celebrating their beautiful new location in Manhattan Village!
All of the South Bay foodies were there including my girl South Bay Jackie!
They put out an amazing spread! Some of my Doma faves are the Crunchy Bavarian Garlic Bread with homemade yogurt dip, the Cheese Board of course, the unique and delicious Kale Salad, the Plov Bowl with grilled chicken, and the Pelmeni Chicken Dumplings, and they have a great beer and wine list too!
I am getting hungry just writing about it all. I think I will have to stop in for lunch today! See the full menu here.
Chef Kristina and Owner Angie are warm, wonderful people. You can tastes the love in every bite!
They did a beautiful job with the clean, modern, cozy decor. I loved the paintings by Lee Tunila.
The first and last photos were taken by me and the 3 others are by Gloria Plascencia Photography.
If you haven’t been yet you have to check it out. Doma Kitchen is located at 3562 N. Sepulveda Blvd. near Macy’s in Manhattan Village. The hours are M-S 11am-10pm and Sun 9-3.
If you love unique, designer clothes and boutique shopping then you have to checkout KIN Los Angeles! This gorgeous boutique is tucked into a little plaza on the Sunset strip that actually has a parking lot (!!!) and is much bigger inside then it looks from the outside. They recently threw a summer soirée and I was lucky enough to score an invite! I had an amazing time chatting with the staff who are SO NICE, laid back and knowledgeable about all things fashion. There was a Wonderland eyewear pop up shop and a ton of beautifully merchandised rooms full of the coolest clothes, shoes and accessories for men and women. It was one of the most visually stunning boutiques I have ever been in. You must stop in the next time you are in that neck of the woods!
The displays at KIN are so inviting!
Wonderland is vintage inspired eyewear designed in California!
Its always fun running into these blogger babes Rossana, Rachael, (me) and Kristi.
How cool is this dress by 3.1 Phillip Lim?
I absolutely loved how everything was displayed. Can I move in please??
These shoes rocked my world!
KIN Los Angeles is at 8555 West Sunset Blvd.
Its that time of year again…time to find an awesome white outfit for a night of delicious food, drinks and fun to support a good cause Walk With Sally. The kickoff party was last week at the soon to be open (coming July 30th) The Point in El Segundo. It is going to be a gorgeous new outdoor shopping space full of the best shops and some of my favorite eateries like True Foods Kitchen (I love the edamame dumplings!) and Mendocino Farms (the tuna melt is the best)!
1) It was a beautiful night for a lawn party!
2 & 3) I am a sucker for a beautiful fountain and lamp posts!
4) Its alway fun running into my friend Jackie of South Bay By Jackie!
Last years White Light White Night event was so much fun! This year Super Diamond is performing and I can’t wait. I have never seen them but have heard they are a good time. Get your tickets now and I will see you there!
Today I am playing hooky with my friend Farron! We are heading north to spend the day horseback riding, wine tasting and eating our way through the quaint little town of Los Alamos. I am so excited! What are your weekend plans? Here are some of my favorite things this week…
* Yesterday I spent a magical morning with some very interesting women in the backyard of “fashionista turned psychic” Tori Hartman learning all about her new book and Chakara cards. (more to come about that next week). You can hang out with her next Thursday the 11th at 7pm at Barnes and Noble at The Grove in LA!
* Nutrimatix uses data and science to formulate the perfect daily vitamin blend for you. I recently tried it and have never felt better. The app is easy to use and the vitamin packs came quickly. I am a sucker for great packaging and they didn’t disappoint. If you are confused about what vitamins your body needs this is the perfect place to start!
* If you haven’t already, be sure to enter my Helen Ficalora seashell necklace giveaway! I’m choosing a winner on Monday!
* You know Tabatha Coffey, the Gordon Ramsey of the hair world, loved by some feared by many? Well, she just started a fantastic beauty website called Industrie that is full of awesome hair and makeup tutorials for women AND MEN!
* I have always been a fan a the DBelt but now the DBelt Pro is even better with a slimmer fit, Xtra-Dry fabric and it can fit and iPhone 6 Plus!
* Going to be in Israel next week? The Tel Aviv Pride Parade will take place on June 12th this year and the events will be held in support of gender equality with an emphasis on the transgender community.
Have an awesome weekend! XO