Wow, what a long, fun week its been. Between working, Wednesdays Splash spa event and last nights Show Your Style event at The Beverly Center, I am exhausted! I need a vacation which is exactly what I’m going to get. Sunday we are heading up to Ojai to hangout with our potter friend Karen Bernscott and have a little food/pottery party. The weather will be warm and she has a pool so I am thrilled. Let the relaxing begin! What has inspired you this week? Here are a few of my faves:
*This awesome sketch of me from last nights event done by FIDM Fashion Design Student Leonides Garcia. The best part is that I didn’t even know he was sketching me until it was done. I will treasure it forever!
* Sipping Hibiscus iced tea morning, noon, and night because its delicious and decaf! I brew it hot in a large tea pot for 4 min. then add 2 spoonfuls of honey, let it cool then pour it over ice!
* I just received a copy of I Love My Slow Cooker and everything in it looks amazing. I can’t wait for Fall to arrive so I can start making some of these. My goal is to make 1 a week until I get through the whole book once it cools down!
* Ever wonder what to do with those 6,598 Instagram photos? Put them on your clothes! I love this idea of creating your own prints. I can’t wait to try it! I want a desert landscape on a one piece bathing suit to start. The possibilities are endless!
* I have been obsessed with fancy pillow cases ever since I was given a silk one as a gift for my birthday last year. Well, Wednesday at the Splash spa event I received a moisturizing pillowcase that is the softest thing I have ever felt. Its like sleeping on a cloud. This one is for your skin and the silk is for your hair so I will just have to alternate. One day I will wake up with amazing, moisturized skin and bedhead or I can have great pop out of bed hair and lines on my face. Either way its a win!
* Smelling fruity and floral with the new fragrance Dare from GUESS. I have never thought of myself as a commercial fragrance kind of gal, partly because they usually give me a headache, but this does not and smells amazing on. And, the bottle is beautiful with a rose gold chain and studded accents. It looks so pretty in the bathroom!
Whatever you do this weekend I hope its magical! XO
If its been awhile since you have hosted a ladies night you might want to think about putting one on the calendar. Just pick a date a few weeks out and send out the invites. You won’t regret it. It had been over a year since I hosted my last ladies night and that was way too long. We all get caught up in our busy lives and forget how awesome, inspiring, recharging and fun it can be to sit around with our girlfriends and laugh and catch up!
Thank you to Suave for generously sponsoring the night with a make-your-own Body Scrub Bar and gift bags for all my ladies!
This body scrub recipe smells fresh, feels amazing and you can make it at home! Suave Professionals Natural Infusion Awapuhi Ginger Body Scrub:
*4 tbsp Fresh Ginger
*2 cups Epson Salt
*Fresh Juice from 1/2 of a Lemon
*1 tsp New Suave Professionals Natural Infusion Awapuhi Ginger Body Wash
Combine fresh ginger and epson salt in a food processor, then mix in ingredients and add lemon juice.
Everybody loves a goodie bag and these were filled with New Suave Professionals Natural Infusion Softening Body Wash with Awapuhi Ginger, Silkening Body Wash with Moroccan Argan Oil, Moroccan Infusion Body Lotion, Dry Body Oil and a pedicure kit!
A ladies night isn’t complete without face masks. I picked these up at a local Asian market for under $1 each. They look pretty creepy but left our faces glowing and made great pics!
What are some of your favorite ladies night rituals?
The long, holiday weekend is finally upon us! What are your plans? I have a beach wedding today, some work on Saturday, a relaxing Sunday and a pool party Monday! Whatever you do have fun! Here are some of my favorite things this week…enjoy!
*My adorable hubby has taken the Del Real Foods Blogger Recipe Challenge and needs your votes everyday for the next week! Please show him some love and vote here!
*Style meets technology with this gorgeous ring that lights up and vibrates when you get messages or alerts on your phone. So cool! I am obsessed!
Today I have put together some share worthy things to get you through Friday and into the weekend! Things I love this week:
*One of my favorite clients owns this vintage furniture rental company Toast. I just checked out the website and fell in love. I need an excuse to throw a fabulous garden party ASAP!
*The idea of cooking the same healthy food for you and your dog might sound crazy to some people but I love it. I don’t have a dog to try this out on but I still flipped through this book and would buy it just for the awesome dog photos!
*I love a multifunctional product and this week I put Revitalash to the test and it was the perfect brow filler and tamer in one. Done.
*I am a sucker for a unique travel experience and now hovelstay lets college students stay in unique places like domes, Hawaiian huts, and tree houses for under $99 a night. If only I could turn back the clock!
*I have been bag obsessed and can’t stop day dreaming about this canary bag from Ted Baker and this houndstooth tote from Michael Kors! Perfection.
I have got a super busy weekend ahead…a bachlorette party, a Pre-VMA brunch, a hair color class and some balcony gardening with my hubby to fill in these new pots we just got! What are you up to? Whatever it is, cheers to an awesome weekend!
Specialty candy boutiques have been all the rage for quite some time now. Places like Sugarfina, The Sugar Factory and Dylan’s Candy Bar have actually become destinations in places like LA, NY and Las Vegas. Hopefully they are selling this new book Candy Cocktails because you could really do some damage shopping for a candy themed cocktail party! The authors Katherine Good and Flannery Good are 2 bloggers who co-write a blog called Fashionably Bombed about mixing fashion with yummy cocktails. Publishing this book was a dream come true! They have a chapter on frozen candy cocktails, holiday candy cocktails, candy shots, how to throw that perfect party and more all in 160 colorful pages! One of my favorites is the Pop Shot that I turned into a martini (pictured above) with Pop Rocks on the rim!
Lime juice for the rim (I used honey)
1/2 ounce vodka
1/2 ounce raspberry liqueur
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
Put it in a cocktail shaker with ice, shake and strain! Delicious! Cheers! Happy Friday!